· Make a habit to listen audio tape as you travel with your kid in car. In this way, you can teach your kid to listen to the book and he may like to read the book later on.
· If your kid has less time for reading long tailing articles, you can encourage him to read short and brief magazine.
· Attend parents meeting with teachers and discus with teachers how to improve the reading skills of your kid. Arrange reading instructor if needed.
· If your kid is close to pass middle schooling, you should be more careful towards his reading capabilities. This is the time when your kid has to change his schooling subjects into reading and so it is crucial period. If your kid is less keen in reading then his schooling studies will be suffered too. Start to play your role and encourage your kid to read books of his interest which probably increase the chance of reading other books too.
Stimulate the Passion for Reading
· Allow your kids with a monthly expenditure just for books reading. It will also help your kid to understand that you give importance to reading.
· Visit libraries regularly with your kids and bring weekly magazines which can enhance the passion for reading in your child.
· When you are going to present gifts and rewards to kids, consider books instead of toys or clothes.
· Make sure that the bookshelf is in the central place from where it is easily accessed by your kids.
· Keep chatting with your kids about famous books and specially those which encourage your kids for reading. Ask about books which their friends read and then encourage your kids for those books too.
First we should be able to develop a skill to control our own anger that will bring satisfaction in our life and boost our potential to manage things. It will first alert us that we are going to be angry. Observing our body reaction will tell us better:
· Are you losing patience?
· Are you breathing too fast?
· Does your face get red?
These signs will tell that a feeling of anger is nearly enforced on us. Now try to control this feeling by deep breathing, by talking to yourself or change the state of motion. Or, you can also communicate to yourself through words which can be relaxing.
Anger will be always a reaction to the event we face for example taunt, doubts or an unsuccessful discussion. It may also be a result of deficiencies we have or when our desires and needs are not fulfilled. Unfortunately, instead of focusing and realizing them we start looking on other people who are enjoying the same. It causes more desperation and then we start getting angry. It may cause various problems which will be not positive for our personality.
Next is how to control the situation when our kid is behaving too aggressively? First, try to ensure the protection of everyone who is playing his role in the situation. Then after ensuring the protection of everyone, carefully observe his angry feelings, try to conceive the truth which angry kid has in his heart. Now show a positive reaction which can control the situation effectively.
For younger kids, it often works and also filters their mind from inappropriate thoughts. Younger kids are not too difficult to handle especially if they realize that we care and respect them. For others who are having constant behaviors may require calming techniques mentioned earlier.
Keep a friendly relation with kids, participate in their entertainment time like guide them which book is more entertaining for them. For example there are comic books which is a good resource for educating kids for many of their concerning matters. Comic books for kids like Batman comics, Superman comics, educational comic books, also you can buy medical comic books for giving diseases awareness for kids.
1. If the Dad cleans, the kid cleans – It is universally accepted, I don’t know for what reason, that cleaning is Mommy’s duty. Even the new born knows that. He pisses and looks at mommy to clean the mess. What does Daddy do? Cuddle the child when clean? Actually, in many homes, daddy actively participates in creating mess around. As Daddy so is the kid. When you ask your kid to clean, he/she will give an immediate answer ‘Even Daddy is not cleaning. Why aren’t you questioning him?’ It is very obvious that kids look up to their parents and especially daddy. When the man of the house participates in cleaning voluntarily, the child will follow him without a doubt.What do you say?
2. Instead of ordering, join them in cleaning – Many a times we end up saying ‘Do this’ and ‘Do that’. Sometimes it does irritate our kids. C’mon they are kids and they need to be treated as kids and not as adults. When you order, the kids will do the work but will never enjoy doing it. This makes the cleaning process a difficult ‘chore’ in the house. Instead, if you join hands with them in cleaning saying ‘let us clean the car today’, not only is the work done, but also you connect with your kid and give a comfort feeling to them. This increases their trust and confidence in you and they will know for sure that Mommy/Daddy will be there during tough times. Child Psychology!
3. Give them reward – Reward works in any field and with any age group. But unless it is not becoming more of a bribe. There is a huge difference here. When you start bribing your kid for doing their job, the kids will know and strongly feel that ‘If I do this work, I will get that’. That’s it. There is no fun, no commitment. Just business. It might work few times, but if you continue doing this, it will affect your relationship and the attitude of the kid. He/She will think everything as a business. No respect for love and affection can be expected in future. Instead, you make the reward more fun oriented or reward them with their favorites. One of my friends rewards her son with a penny for every job done satisfactorily. He puts it in a cookie jar and when the jar is full, he is taken to his favorite hangout place with 2 of his friends. He gets to choose them too. It is a small jar, so they end up going at least once a month and he chooses different friends every time. Wow! What a fun! This made him enjoy his chores. He loves doing it.